Monday, August 3, 2009

Victory, Puzzle, Fit

We went swimming at the city pool on Saturday afternoon. It was so hot, so the water felt great! Addie was thrilled to be at the pool, but not so happy when it was time to go. The older two kids can walk to the pool whenever they want, but Addie isn't old enough yet. I think its funny how her heart scar makes it look like she's got, um, cleavage.



Saturday night, Lane took me to dinner at Applebees. We are very weak, and it's unfortunate that Applebees is right by Best Buy, cuz we always have to go to Best Buy when we eat at Applebees, and we just can't "look" in Best Buy. We got a new game for the Wii that we thought the whole family would like.

Victory - Defeat of an enemy or opponent.
August 1, 2009
Jack beat Addie at something, and apparently he was very proud of it. Sorry about the exposure on the picture. There was too much light coming in the window so I had to adjust it, a lot.



Puzzle - A game that tests your ingenuity.
August 2, 2009
We like to do jigsaw puzzles. Taylor especially likes them. She can do a puzzly super fast if she has the time to work on it. I went do DI a while back and got a bunch of those Dowdle art puzzles and she can do those in a day or so. They are about 500 pieces, I think. This one is 1000 and takes a little longer. She'll probably have it done by the end of the week.



Fit - In good health.
August 3, 2009
I have been better about my exercising lately. Again, I am weak, so I do it in the evening since I lack the willpower to get up in the morning. Of all my exercising stuff that I have, these are my favorites. I love the Walk at Home stuff because any idiot can do it, it's just the right amount of challenging without me feeling like I'm going to have a stroke. I like the Wii Fitness Coach one because it's kind of interactive and it gets more challenging as I get stronger. It also has different areas of focus so it isn't the same old stuff all the time. Plus, it tracks my weight and inches so I can see my progress. For anyone with a Wii, I recommend it. You don't need the Wii Fit board or anything, just the regular Wii console. Wii Fit is fun because it makes everything a game.
I took Taylor and Addie to the eye doctor today. Taylor's prescription had changed slightly and we got her new contacts ordered. This was Addie's first trip to the eye dr. and she wasn't quite sure what to think. Not surprisingly, she is ready for glasses as well. She picked out some lovely purple frames with hearts on the sides. She looked really cute in them, and was so disappointed that she couldn't wear the sample home. She has asked me about a dozen times when her glasses will be done.
Tomorrow is the very exciting day of the Class List posting at the elementary school. Jack is just bouncing off the walls wondering who his teacher will be. Addie isn't quite so into it as he is. School begins on the 20th!



No comments: