Monday, August 24, 2009

Foolish, Dramedy, Vine-ripened

Foolish - Resulting from stupidity or misinformation; unwise.
August 22, 2009



Although I know better, I just couldn't bring myself to thin the apples on the tree. Now, as we approach the end of the season, my apples are small, and two of the branches have broken. There was a lesson in the Ensign a while back, I think the theme was on sacrifice or something, but the object lesson was about thinning peaches on a peach tree and how hard it is to pluck off perfectly good fruit in order to get better fruit. That was my problem. I knew I needed to thin it, but I just couldn't bring myself to pluck off that fruit and toss it away. Okay. Lesson learned.



Dramedy - "The Wonder Years" is an American television dramedy created by Carol Black and Neal Marlens. It ran for six seasons on ABC, from 1988 - 1993. Set it 1968 - 1973, the series tackled the social issuess and historic events through the eyes of the main character, Kevin Arnold (played by Fred Savage).
August 23, 2009






While the rest of the state of Utah was properly at the dedication services of the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple, I was sinfully at home, in my pajamas, the WHOLE day, watching episode after delightful episode of The Wonder Years, which is without a doubt the best show ever on TV. I am not a crier, I don't cry at much (I did cry during "Up"). But I cry like a baby over this show. Never let it be said that I am devoid of sentiment. Well, not entirely devoid of sentiment anyway.







Vine-ripened - Ripened naturally on the vine; not allowed to ripen artificially.
August 24, 2009
I love August tomatoes. They are gorgeous and taste even better. I made fresh pico de gallo to go with our dinner tonight with my home grown tomatoes and green onions.


No comments: