Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Stitch

Stitch - A link made by drawing a thread through material with a needle.
August 26, 2009



This is the project I just finished. Christmas is coming, you know. Since this one is now done, I went on the hunt through my stuff for something new to work on. In my drawer of stitching treasures, I found 2 started, but unfinished projects. I closed my eyes and chose one. When I saw what I had chosen, I was pleased to find that it is actually almost half way done! So I set about getting myself organized to work on a new project, which includes putting all my floss from the last project back in my giant tackle box. This led to the unpleasant discovery that I have once again outgrown the space. I'll have to reorganize it, AGAIN, but that is such a long and horrid task I'll have to have some time to psych myself up for it. Anyway, I got busy on the new project, which includes many frustrating minutes of figuring out where I am in relation to the pattern. So I stitched the rock wall completely, and then started on the bridge, and realized why it is that I had put the dumb thing in the drawer in the first place. Every single square of the pattern is stitched, and it makes my eyes buggy to look at the pattern. It might have to go back into the drawer one or two more times before I can finish it. Note to self: don't get any more patterns like that.


I got Jack signed up for football today. Football starts off great, but the games are in the evening and by the time October comes around it's no longer fun. Just cold and miserable. And frequently rainy. Sometimes snowy. Not fun.

2 comments:

Dan and LaVon said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL piece of stitchery. TALENT to share

Davis Family said...

love the stitching you did - it's amazing and reminded me of all the project i need to get finished or get working on. fun to check out all your handiwork - great job!