Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bubble

Bubble - a thin, usually spherical or hemispherical film of liquid filled with air or gas.
August 6, 2009




This huge bubble formed when Taylor poured her ginger ale into her cup to make her fresh lime. It stood way up from the rim of the cup originally, but had deflated some by the time I fetched my camera. It continued to deflate, until it was concave inside the glass and then it popped. I wish I had my camera when it formed - it was really big!


I got a very nice surprise tonight - one of my old college roomies stopped by for a short visit and it was great to see her! How fun to spend some time, even if it was short, catching up. I get together with the roomies once a year for lunch, but this roommate, Lori, wasn't able to come to our last gathering. Yes, I did say Lori. It got very confusing, particularly my sophomore year when we had me, Lori, and 2 Heathers in the same apartment.



I went to BSA Roundtable tonight with Lane. They had some very good and useful information for us to use in our cub dens. I don't care what anyone says, I'll take a den of scouts over a group of Achievement Day girls any day! Someday I hope I get to serve as a den mother again. That was a great calling!

No comments: