Friday, August 28, 2009

Red

Red - Reddish in color or having parts that are reddish in color
August 28, 2009




First you start with some GORGEOUS red potatoes . . . .

. . . drizzle with olive oil, season with fresh herbs and garlic (always garlic) . . .


. . . sprinkle with coarse ground sea salt, black pepper, paprika, and the surprise ingredient, brown sugar. Bake the potatoes, toss a salad, steam some carrots (cuz carrots ALWAYS go with potatoes) . . .


. . . and you have a delightful summer meatless meal.
My brother suggested the brown sugar on the potatoes. I was horrified at the thought, but he is a pretty good cook. I asked him how much, like a tablespoon? He laughed and said, no! Pile it on! I scooped out a half cup of brown sugar and started sprinkling it on and could only bring myself to put on about half of what I had scooped.
What do you know? The brown sugar added so much to the flavor, and I should have put on the full half cup!



No comments: