Monday, August 17, 2009

Pretend, Shatter, Gap


Pretend - to represent fictitiously in play; make believe
August 15, 2009


I made a pie on Saturday, and Addie took my left over scraps of crust and some of her blue play-doh and my rolling pin in her attempt to make her own pie.

Shatter - break into many pieces.
August 16, 2009
No will will admit to being the one who broke this, nor to even knowing how it got broken, nor strangely to even have known it was in the house. Hmmm. Yeah, I don't quite believe that, but they have formed their wall of silence and are admitting to nothing. Luckily, I had an old, ugly frame of the same size that I stole the glass from so all is well now.

Gap - A space between objects or points.
August 17, 2009
Addie lost one of her front teeth. She is so excited because now she looks like a first grader should, or so she thinks. I took the 2 girls for haircuts today (and myself) so now she really thinks she has arrived, with her new haircut, a missing tooth and all. Wouldn't it be great if we could all be so happy with so little?

No comments: