Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rainbow



I gave in to the cold weather today. It was inevitable, after - what is it now?- 4 days? 5? of rain. . . and rain . . . and still more rain. I served a baked potato bar for dinner, and the cold and the rain put me in the mood for scones so I cooked up some scones and it was all good comfort food. Apologies to Lane who had baked potato bar for lunch at work, and he doesn't love pototoes that much in the first place.


Mmm. . . potatoes. Which brings me to another important subject - butter vs. margerine. I am of the firm belief that there are some places that margerine simply doesn't belong. Baked potatoes and homemade bread are 2 of those places. No margerine on the table tonight brought about some degree of consternation by some members of this family, who simply haven't learned that lesson yet, and who are crazy enough to believe that there is "no difference" between butter and margerine. NO DIFFERENCE!!!! Are you kidding me? There is a huge difference! Luckily, we were out of margerine so it was only butter. You know the commercial on TV with the Buttertons? Yeah, that's me.






Rainbow - an arched display in the sky of the colours of the spectrum, caused by the refraction and reflection of the sun's rays through rain.
June 11, 2009
This was the most amazing rainbow. Lane & I were driving home from the mall, and we saw this rainbow. It was amazingly bright and you could see the full arc, not just half of it. All I had was my phone, but still managed to catch the faint "double" rainbow. This picture was taken in Lindon, not too far from home. I was hoping to get another picture with my camera when we got home, but in the few short blocks between, the rainbow faded and the moment was lost.

No comments: