Monday, June 8, 2009

Practice & Improve (Hey - that one actually makes sense!)

Improve - to make or become better in quality.
June 8, 2009


So I took another crack at the apple pie thing, and I had much better luck. I won't go into what I did wrong the first time because it is just far too shameful. Let's just say that I learned a great deal from that previous attempt. I still need to work on the whole flaky crust concept, but overall I think it came out great and much, much prettier than the last time. So now that I have checked bread, pretzels, cakes from scratch, and pie off my list of things to learn to do before I die, I am now on Petit Fours. I don't know why. That's just the next random thing on my list. Please don't any one suggest that I need to learn to make pasta. I am not a big pasta fan, with the exceptions of spaghetti and pasta salad in the summer time. Lasagna, fetticcini, etc., I can easily live without. Don't even get me started on bow tie pasta, or that one that is a tube shape. I just don't care for it, any of it. Which is unfortunate considering Lane LOVES pasta. Except Lasagna which we are banned form having in the house. Something about him eating it every day, so he doesn't want to see it, eat it, or smell it at home. A similar ban exists for Salisbury Steak. We can have French Bread pizza, but he doesn't want to have to eat it.



Practice - To do or perform (something) repeatedly in order to acquire or polish a skill.
June 7, 2009


Taylor branching out in her music a little bit. She has been hung up on Twilight for a while, so I'm glad to hear something else. I'm not a big fan of the Twilight music. It's too, I don't know, creepy? I guess. I prefer music that is more cheeful and less dreary.


We finished up our regular season of baseball tonight. Our team had a great game, and we won. I don't know the final score. I couldn't see the scoreboard from where I was sitting, and they shut it down just as soon as the game ended. Jack hit a pop fly and got out, and struck out once. I was Treat Mom tonight. Since I was already in the baking groove, I baked about 6 dozen cookies and gave cookies for the treat.


We had Grandma Wilson over for FHE tonight. Lane cooked up some foil dinners. We had hoped to eat outside but it was too cold and it was raining off and on. We had a good visit, Taylor gave a short lesson, and then after pie and ice cream we were off to the ball game.


Taylor will be working on collating rodeo programs all week, Jack will be off spending some quality time with Grandpa, so I'll be left home with Addie to entertain. But, on the plus side, she won't have Jack to antagonize. She sure knows how to push his buttons! I guess that comes with being the youngest. Well, not in my case of course. I was an angel. I was the perfect child. Ask anyone. Except Calvin, Sabrina, Troy and Mie. They lie.

No comments: