Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pastime


Pastime - An activity that occupies one's spare time pleasantly.
June 24, 2009
Oh, how I love to stitch. I don't get to do it as often as I would like, but I have a project going right now and I am enjoying it so much! It gets me motivated to do all the crappy stuff in my day that I don't like to do so I can move on to the fun stuff, such as this. Fun, fun, fun. And this is a double sided tackle box that I use to hold my floss (or "colors" as my kids call it, like it's crayons or something) and the other side is just as full. So whenever I tell Lane that I need to go to the store because I'm missing a color that I need, he rolls his eyes and asks how that is even possible. I have a good friend, Molly, who shares my passion, and I've had to call her a few times to bail me out when I'm missing a color. Thanks Molly! (And Molly - how crazy is that about the cabbage? Who knew?)
It was a sad ending to our baseball game tonight. It was a perfect summer night for a ball game. We trailed the other team 2-0 going into our last inning, and managed a rally of sorts and tied it when Jack got up to bat and he struck out. Controversy again, as Lane and our team parents thought that was the 2nd out, not third, so either we can't count to 3 or they can't. We didn't fight it tonight though. Anyway, we went into the extra inning all tied up and the other team scored 2 runs. We then got 2 outs right off the bat, and then managed to get bases loaded. We scored one run, and our final batter struck out, so we lost by one. The team was absolutely crushed since they had worked so hard to come back. So we play tomorrow night for 3rd place, and that will be the end of it. I love going to the games so much, and I will really miss it when it's over. I was telling Jack when we were driving home (and I was talking him off the ledge he was on for striking out) that I would happily go watch his team play every night of the week all summer long. Our team has the best parents and the boys all have so much heart. I think Lane is probably glad to be done, but I will miss it. They aren't the best team in the league, but they are to me! How's that for cliche? I really mean it, this has been the best season. Lane said his goal was for every boy to improve, and they all have, and I think they even had fun along the way.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Brian was like -- really? You are blogging about the cabbabe? He just doesn't get it.