Friday, June 19, 2009

Complete & Seedling

Complete - To bring to a finish or an end.
June 18, 2009



Taylor finished her quilt. Another Value Project compelted! This value project was to create something to be used in your future home, and so Taylor made this baby quilt. It turned out so cute, and although she missed clipping in a couple of places, it turned out really good. She did all the sewing herself, I didn't do any. All I did was demonstrate how to cut it, then showed her how to sew it and assemble it, but she really did do it all herself. I think she has now completed 2 of the value projects, so she's coming along. She has finished one whole area, but of course I can't remember which one. We are both hoping that she can be done before she's 16, but it is a lot more work now than it was when I was in YW, so we'll see how much she can get done.


Seedling - A young plant, especially one that grows from a seed rather than from a cutting.
June 19, 2009

I haven't had much success with growing plants from seed, so being overly cautious, I put an ENTIRE package of basil seeds in this pot, and I think every single one of them took. I spent some time this afternoon thinning it out. This IS thinned out, believe it or not. I have another basil plant that I bought at the nursery, plus whatever this might turn into, and then I took all the little seedlings that I pulled out of this pot, and replanted them in the front yard. I will cut it, and dry it, and use it all winter, but gosh - I could potentially have A LOT of basil. I'll have to go door to door, trying to unload it. So if you need a basil start, or just fresh basil, come get mine!


The garden as a whole is doing very well. We have everything in pots this year, and everything is growing and looks healthy, and the tomatoes are growing up their stakes like they are supposed to. We even have a couple of small green tomatoes! Our peppers are doing better than they ever have, and I am just so happy with everything.


Plus, aren't you proud of me? It's been a few days since my last "food" photo, although I will likely do some baking tomorrow for Father's Day, so there is probably another food photo coming up. I always bake for my dad because I don't know what sort of gift to get the man who has everything. So I bake him up some goodies to see if I can send him into some sort of diabetic shock. So far, no luck. But I've never made him pie before either . . .

No comments: