Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Anticipate

Dolphins Cove, Jamaica. Gotta love the tan lines on Lane's feet.




Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I think this is the river that comes off Dunns River Falls. I guess that would make it Dunns River, huh?


The rainbow our last afternoon of the cruise.


This is the day we boarded the ship. There is just nothing like the smell of the hot Miami sun beating down on the wood decks that have been freshly washed down. This is where my "happy place" is.



Anticipate - To look forward to, especially with pleasure; expect.
June 9, 2009
These are from our cruise last fall. It is my picture for the day because I leave for the next cruise in 101 days. No, I'm not quite so pathetic that I keep count. Luckily, carnival.com does that for me. I don't have any digital pictures of our time in the Cayman Islands because we swam with the stingrays so I used a waterproof disposable camera and I have never scanned them, nor did I have the good sense to have a CD made when I had the photos developed. Someday I will get them scanned, but even still, photos cannot do justice to that gorgeous island. The water was clear unlike anything I have ever seen or can describe. I guess you'll just have to experience it for yourself. But back to Jamaica: not so great. I don't recommend it.
This time we are going to the Western Carribbean again, specifically Progresso, Mexico and Cozumel, Mexico. We intend to go see the ruins at Uxmal from the port at Progresso. We saw the ruins at Tulum 2 years ago during our cruise to Key West & Calica, Mexico. That was such a great experience! We had arranged privately for a tour with Helaman - a Mormon guy that gives tours. It made the tour so much more interesting. So it is our intent to get Helaman again to give us a tour of Uxmal. I don't know what we plan to do at Cozumel. There is so much to choose from, so we are open to suggestions from anyone who has been there. The port we leave and return to this time is New Orleans. I'm a little bit freaked out about that because I watched far too much news coverage of Hurricane Katrina. But I was kinda freaked out about Miami (too much CSI Miami viewing) and we never had any problems, nor was I ever even a little bit nervous or anxious once we were there. The people could not have been friendlier, and I just gotta add: South Beach = Heaven. That is my other "happy place." Johnny Rockets, yum. Art Deco District, beautiful. Atlantic Ocean, breathtaking. Ahhh . . . be back in a minute, going to my happy place.
Okay, I'm back now. I'm so looking forward to some time away, enjoying the humidity (yeah, humidity is ok when it's only for a short time), the water, and another cruise. It's truly the only way to travel.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

O.k. seeing your great pics, makes me want to go on a cruise - I've never been and I know "go on a cruise" is on my list of top 100 things to do before I die - thanks to you, we won't try out Jamaica but Mexico - that sounds nice!