Friday, June 12, 2009

Confection

Confection - any sweet food, such as a cake or a sweet.
June 12, 2009


Ahh . . . chocolate bliss. Chocolate cupcakes (recipe from a few days ago), chocolate buttercream frosting, chocolate sprinkles. I had to take a potluck item to the ward block party (aka Mandatory Socialization) tonight. I guess they were good, because they were all gone by the time I got through the food line. We even had good weather for the block party this year. Last year it was cold and windy and miserable. Everyone seemed to have a good time, and I have to say that there are some adults in this ward who are surprisingly good at the Macarena. Me - I don't dance. Not even the Macarena, not even the Hokey Pokey. I prefer the supervisory role.



I am beginning to think after 6 months of daily picture taking that food is a very prominent aspect of my life. I love food, I really enjoy cooking and baking the food, but I am starting to wonder about my focus on the food. When I look at the 6 months of pictures, all nicely scrapbooked and placed in an album, there is really a lot of food! I guess I can stop wondering why I'm not losing weight. I have a daily photographic food journal that tells the sorry tale!

No comments: