Saturday, June 6, 2009

Procrastinate


Procrastinate - To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.
June 6, 2009


This is piles, and piles, and piles, and still more piles, with piles underneath it all of scrapbooking that needs to be done. Laziness? Oh yes. I had everything caught up not so long ago, and now I go in to work on it, having the best of intentions, and I look at how it has piled up and I lose my determination. I think that it's actually not quite as bad as it looks. This is my "dumping ground" for all things I don't want to deal with. So that is one of my goals this week, to get it sorted and into some semblance of order that isn't quite so shame-inducing.


I had to lead the music for the ward baptism today. Lane teases me about being a speed-talker when I have to speak in church - I can deliver a 20 minute talk in 3 minutes flat. Now he also knows that I am a speed-leader. I warned the piano player that I tend to go fast, and I REALLY concentrated on trying to go slow, but even as we were singing I knew I was going to fast and still felt powerless to correct it. And who writes songs in 12/8 time anyway? What's that about? Honestly, what am I supposed to do with that?


I helped Taylor on her quilt today. She got all the blocks sewn together and I pinned them together into strips. I think she is getting more excited about it now that it is taking some shape. And she is getting better with the sewing machine. It only came unthreaded once and she fixed it herself.


The cable is out. I have trained myself to fall asleep to the TV, so what am I supposed to do now? Read? Count sheep?

No comments: