Saturday, June 20, 2009

Elation

Addie enjoying a ride on the kiddie coaster.



Jack is fearless - he went on this ride over, and over, and over . . . it's a free-fall sort of a thing.


Jack consented to go on the merry-go-round with Addie once. ONCE.



Addie with my neices Clarissa, Marissa, and Markee doing the chicken dance during a slow part of the parade this morning.



Elation - a feeling of great happiness and excitement.
June 20, 2009
I have made it a point in my life to avoid the Strawberry Days Carnival. It kinda creeps me out. What is it about a carnival that attracts, um, THOSE people? You know the kind I'm talking about. Lagoon is crawling with them. Do they not have jobs? Do they just go, like groupies, from one carnival to another? Seriously, what's up with those people? Despite my best intentions, my mom scored some free tickets so I took Jack, Addie, Taylor and my neice Stephanie down the carnival. Taylor and Steffie wandered off to do their own thing, so that's why I only have photos of Jack and Addie. During one of our transitions from the kiddie ride area to the big kid ride area, I found Taylor lying spread eagle on the lawn amongst all the rides. She said she didn't feel good, too many spinny rides, but flopping down on the lawn wasn't really the answer since people kept coming over and asking if she was in need of medical attention. Attention, certainly, but not medical.
Earlier in the morning, it rained on our parade. We had quite a large group at our traditional spot on Main Street in front of the shop. It sprinkled off and on, and we had a pretty good rain for a few minutes. In between rain showers, it would be hot some of the time, so everyone would remove all their layers of jackets, only to have the wind come up a few minutes later and then everyone had to scramble to get the jackets back on. Same with the umbrellas - open, close, open, close.
Amongst all that, I didn't get any baking done. I'll have to do that tomorrow now. We'll be visiting with both of our fathers tomorrow, so it will be a busy day. I'm just hoping I'll have time to get my Sunday nap in because, you should know, it's all about me.

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

Looks like you had a great time, except for Taylor.
Um, am I out of it or when did Jack get glasses? Did he have a good time with his grandpa?