Monday, June 29, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

Sorry this is so dark. The temple, of course, faces east so trying to take a picture at this time of day put me looking straight into the bright afternoon sun moving around to the west. I'm lucky I got the whole building in, I could hardly see what I was doing.


This is a much better picture, taken from the back side, the south west corner, looking toward the front.

Eat your hearts out, out-of-state Mormons. This picture is from me standing in front of the temple, looking east to the Jordan River Temple. Yes, they are THAT close . . .


. . . and looking to the south east, across the valley, you can see the Draper Temple up against the mountains. But before anyone complains about Utah having too many temples, please understand how busy these temples are! There aren't even "slow" periods of the day anymore. Busy the whole day long. Which is great news really - it means the work is getting done!
The new Oquirrh Mountain Temple is really pretty. It's bigger than the Draper temple. The ordinance rooms hold about 50 people. There is no cafeteria, but ther is a lunchroom with tables and microwaves. The baptismal font was exceptionally striking. The interior is all done in earth tones and mountain themes.
The open house continues through the end of July, I think, so make sure you visit if you are in the area!



1 comment:

Syme Family said...

I hope we can still get tickets and go once we are home!
Did your kids go to? What did they think?