Thursday, June 4, 2009

Privacy

Privacy - The quality or condition of being secluded from the presence or view of others.
June 4, 2009



More of my backyard photos. While I am of the opinion that my parents over-planted the yard during their 33 year occupancy of this house, they did a very good job of filling in the back chain link fence which now affords us some degree of privacy from the canal road/local walking & jogging & biking & horseback riding path that runs behind our house.



I must say, this canal road is very handy to have so close, even if it is unsightly. It is a very pleasant and safe place to walk or ride a bike. Some crazy people jog the canal road. I don't know how they manage it considering how uneven and rocky it is. I guess they are people who aren't prone to falling down. I am prone to falling down, so I use that as my excuse to not jog. Not that I am lazy or extremely non-athletic, or even that I am "obese" as the Wii Fit reminds me every time I turn the dang thing on (which is just rude!). Yes, I use the excuse that the ONLY place I have to jog is the canal road and it really is too dangerous for such an activity. Yes indeed, the ONLY place where I could possibly jog. And that would be selfish of me to risk an injury when I have a family to care for and a job. See, I am only looking out for other people. I am a giver.





This is an updated picture from "Tangle" from a while back. Lane hacks away at it every spring, and by mid-summer it will take a machete or an underground tunnel to get through the fence gate. I do love the privacy though. Hmmm. I like to spy on other people, but I sure don't want anyone looking in on me!



Jack's team lost their game tonight. Jack is crushed, feeling that he personally lost the game. True, it wasn't his best outing, but there were some calls that just didn't go our teams way. I won't go into it here, because I can feel my blood pressure rising and my face getting hot, so I'll just let it go with that. Lane was terribly frustrated during the game but kept his cool. Luckily he had some time between the game and leaving for work to calm down some. It just wasn't a good night. If they had just . . . sorry, I won't go there. It was just a bad night.


Taylor will be home from Girls Camp tomorrow. Thank goodness. Everything around here seems very odd and a little bit empty with her gone. It's amazing how much difference one person can make.

No comments: