Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Art


Art - the creation of works of beauty or other special significance.
June 16, 2009
This is my FAVORITE art project by Jack. He did this in kindergarten, during one of those first days of school, as a "getting to know you" sort of project. He was missing his two front teeth, and I love how he used black crayon to depict that feature about himself. I love kid art! I decided to use this as my picture for today for a couple of reasons. First, I needed a picture of it anyway because it is too big to fit in a scrapbook, which is why it hangs in my sewing/craft room, above my sewing machine, and next to his little plaster of paris hand print from 2002. I just love it and look at it all the time when I'm in that room. Second, I put up that picture of Addie's flower pot on Facebook, and my friend Trent replied how much he loved kid art, and that reminded me of this one by Jack. Third, another friend, Kari, had on her blog how much she enjoys her son, coincidentally named Jack. He's about 5 now, such a fun age for a boy. Also, coincidentally, the things that she wrote that she loves so much about her Jack are also many of the things that I love so much about my Jack. For one, he (my Jack) is always extremely cheerful and happy. It's pretty hard to catch him in a bad mood, except when Addie has been pushing his buttons, but even then, he's back to his happy disposition pretty darn fast. Jack is also very social and he'll do ANYTHING I ask him to do, as long as I do it with him. He is my best and most loyal exercise partner. He will even gladly clean his room, if I'll sit with him while he does it. Seriously, he loves to have people around, and as Kari put it regarding his Jack, he loves to spend time with me as much as I love to spend time with him. I am missing my little Jack now. He's off fishing with Grandpa for the week, which has left our house especially quiet. Anyone who knows Jack knows he only has 2 volume settings: LOUD and off. And I missed him at dinner tonight, which was Brinner, and he wasn't there to fight with me over who got the last sausage. You know that book "I Love You Forever"? That's mine and Jack's special book. I say the first line "I'll love you forever" and then he says "I'll like you for always" and then I say "Forever and ever" and he finishes with (inserting my special name for him when he was a baby) "Your Bunchkin I'll be."

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

That is so cute! I love kid art too! My favorite right now is still the first recognizable picture Miah drew ever, which is of me and JD. Those pieces of artwork are so precious.