Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pizza

Pizza - a flat piece of dough spread with tomato, cheese etc and baked.
June 2, 2009


I had intended to make Danna's stuffed crust pizza, but I didn't realize that I needed to start that process WAY before dinner, and I had only allowed 30-ish minutes to prepare dinner. I'll have to save that for another day! It sounds so good!


So I heard from the vet today. 7 of the 8 lumps are just fatty tissue. The 8th one . . . well, they aren't quite sure what it is. The vet said it clearly isn't fatty tissue, and it doesn't appear to be a tumor either. She said to check it every week or so to see if it's getting any bigger, and if it is they can biopsy it again. So the dog lives. He's ugly and lumpy, but he lives. Hopefully his hair will grow back quickly and cover up the unsightly lumps, because he's a little bit, um, unattractive.


We were just finishing up our pizza for dinner, and Jack pipes up with, "Here's my plan . . ." and immediately the power went out. It was an amusing coincidence. So we went outside for a while and then I rememebered that I needed to get the kids enrolled in library classes for the summer. Lane used this as a good excuse to drive his truck since we couldn't get the car out of the garage (power loss). We got down to the library right at 7, which is when they start "Twilight Tales," a family story time. So we (and by we, I mean all of us except Lane) went to Twlight Tales. Tonight was Jan Brett stories. We have a few of her books and I love the illustrations. After Twilight Tales ended, we went and checked out some books and I got the kids enrolled in the summer programs. By the time we got back home the power was back on. So I read aloud to the kids for almost an hour and then off to bed.


We got a little rain today. I had the windows open and it smelled so nice and fresh. I am closing in on the end of the craziness at work. This time of year is always insane, but after Strawberry Days is over, on June 20, things will settle back down to the normal level of crazy.

No comments: