Monday, March 16, 2009

Umm . . . I got behind a little bit.

Aroma - a smell; an agreeable odor.
March 16, 2009


I am quickly running out of "bread" words, but thought aroma was good for today since everyone that came in the house while they were baking said "Umm . . . bread!" There's just nothing like the smell of baking bread!


Truth - The quality of being true, genuine, or factual.
March 15, 2009

Just trying to think of something that is Sunday-ish.



Unexpected - Coming without warning; unforseen.
March 14, 2009


I'm breaking the rule because this picture wasn't taken today. It was taken at my famliy Chrismas party last December. This is my oldest brother Troy and his wife, Cris. Cris died unexpectedly in her sleep last night, and I wanted to remember her today. She was one of the kindest people I have ever known.



Irresistible - Completely fascinating; impossible to resist.
March 13, 2009


Everyone knows that cookie dough is better than the actual cookies!



So time kinda got away from me the last few days. I got word early Saturday morning that my sister-in-law Cris had died. This was completely unexpected and shocking. The cause of death was not obvious, so the EMTs had to take her to the medical examiner. The report came in today and she died of a heart attack contributed to an enlarged heart. I wasn't aware that she had any heart problems but she has had some medical issues that have troubled her for the last few years, and perhaps that was a factor. It is so hard to beleive that she is gone, and she will be so missed. My brother and 2 nephews are kind of lost without her. Prayers on their behalf will be appreciated. I'm not quite sure on any funeral plans, since they were waiting for the ME to release her body before they did much. We are all so sad.


On a more positive note, the weather has been beautiful. I was hoping to get out for a nice long walk today, but time got away from me and it didn't happen. My one little crocus in the front yard laid down and died. I don't know why - it's still bright purple. Maybe Jack or one of his little friends stepped on it.


Taylor and Lane are going to do baptisms for the dead tomorrow evening. What a great experience. I only went one time during my mutual years, and this is Taylor's second trip already. I'm glad that Lane is going because the YM president was put into the bishopric yesterday, so Lane is likely to be released next week.


I made angel food cake (from scratch) tonight for FHE treat. It turned out ok - not great. I wanted to do a chocolate fondue, so it was ok for that but the texture wasn't quite right. I still have cinammon bears for dipping in chocolate so that was yummy. Jack has discovered the beauty of cinammon bears, so I have noticed that my stash is depleting more quickly of late. I guess I'll have to hide them. I don't share.

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

So SORRY to hear about your SIL. They will be in our prayers. How old are your nephews?