Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mess, Step & Progress

Mess - disordered clutter; a jumble; a large quantity
March 26, 2009


Some messes simply aren't worth cleaning up. Addie is reading really well now and so she is forever reading storires to her dollies or anyone who will listen, and this is her idea of "putting everything away neatly." Luckily, this bookcase is in a dark corner of the basement where I don't have to look at it. Remember how when we were in kindergarten we were only read TO? It was all about graham crakers, warm-ish milk and those really weird paper straws, show & tell, and napping on our mats on the floor. Somewhere along the line Kindergarten got serious!


Step - One of a series of moves toward accomplishing something.
March 25, 2009
I came up with "step" because when I looked at this picture, it reminded me of a baby's first footprint, which made me think of baby's first steps. So THAT made me think of the progression of size from Addie's tiny (I know, dirty) feet to Taylor's big feet, and how growing up happens one step at a time - and hopefully we are always moving, or stepping, towards accomplishing something.



Progress - Forward motion or advancement to a higher goal; an advance; steady improvement.
March 24, 2009
Tonight was pack meeting and Jack earned his Readyman pin. He has just a few more little things to do and hopefully next pack meeting he will have his Arrow of Light ceremony. Jack just loves scouts, and the way the program is set up with different goals and areas of focus are just perfect for the way he operates. He also has fantastic Webelos leaders who make everything extra fun for the boys. We are so proud of Jack's accomplishments.
I've gotten behind again. I think Molly is the only one reading this, and I talk to her at church every week. So this isn't exactly breaking news. But it's good to know that I have an audience of 1. Thanks Molly! I'll bring treats down sometime. With EXTRA sugar. And don't share with Brian or the boys.
Today I got my hair cut off, AGAIN. I go through this miserable cycle about once a year. I have had short hair for quite a while, then I get this stupid idea that I want to have long hair. So I go through all the AGONY - and I'm sure many of you are familiar with said AGONY - of growing my hair out. This is truly a miserable life experience since there are phases when you can't get your hair to do anything at all. It's too short for a pony, or even a clip, but not long enough to tuck behind an ear, so it just hangs and is awful. My 6 year old calls this phase "Blobish." I don't know where she got that word, but it is truly appropriate. Blobish. It just kinda sums up how miserable it is. Then when my hair is finally long enough to do a little something, I remember why I hated longer hair in the first place and go get it all cut off again. So I am back to my short hair phase, and will be wanting to grow it out again in the winter, if tradition holds.

1 comment:

Molly said...

You are too funny! I love reading your blog! Thanks for getting those pictures done sooo fast! We had a great grand opening and my sister got all of her stitching patterns done! You are the best! I did notice you got your hair cut -- Calvin's spinning globe must have distracted me!