Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Donate

Donate - To contribute, especially to a worthy cause.
March 31, 2009


Our contribution to the Annual Carnival at Valley View Elementary. This has been going on, in one form or another, since I was a kid. Back then it was a Halloween celebration, but has always been a very successful PTA fundraiser. The 4th, 5th, and 6th grade kids bring cakes for a cake auction and the cake walk. Jack wanted to do a Chocolate Lovers Cake. So we made up the cake, homemade chocolate buttercreme frosting, and covered it with chocolate sprinkles and Andes mint chips. It should clog up someone's arteries nicely.



I think I may have finally found something that Jack will eat for breakfast. I made some egg mcmuffins today with english muffings, eggs and bacon and then tossed them in the freezer. He ate one after school and wanted to just keep eating one after the other. Yay! Now I just have to remember to make them once a week or so . . . It's still less work than making 4-5 dozen muffins at a time. I may have a free Saturday this week, so maybe between conference sessions I can make up a bunch of stuff to have in the freezer for him. I also made up another batch of ranch dressing today, plus of course, the cake. It was a big cooking day for me, so we had a very uninteresting dinner, but it filled everyone up and no one complained.

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

Remember that you use to say that you couldn't cook? It is funny what a good cook you have turned into!!!