Thursday, March 19, 2009

Breakfast

Breakfast - The first meal of the day.
March 19, 2009


I am not a huge fan of breakfast food. Unless it's breakfast food for dinner (Brinner) and I love that. My typical breakfast is a muffin if I have remembered to bake, yogurt, or an apple with peanut butter. I always have apples on hand so that's my breakfast more often than anything else. I accidentally grabbed the smooth peanut butter today, that's just not as good as Super Crunch! Saturday mornings are the best because Lane brings home donuts on his way home from work. He doesn't have a Krispy Kreme discount card anymore, so he just stops at Maceys. There's just nothing like those Krispy Kreme though; I can eat about 4 of them before I realize it. Yum! I've been know to have cookies and cake for breakfast, sometimes a granola bar if I have any. My poor kids - they have been on their own for breakfast since they were big enough to pour cold cereal from a box. I just don't do breakfast. The end. I'll eat cold cereal for lunch, dinner or a snack, but not for breakfast. Now Brinner, as I said before, is a whole other matter. Since Lane is asleep for Sunday dinner a lot, we have taken to having sausage links and french toast or frozen waffles, or something like that. Pathetic, I know. (Again, my poor kids!) If Lane is up, he'll make fried eggs and pancakes for Sunday dinner. We love Brinner. Someone should write a song about Brinner. Speaking of wonderful foods, I have single-handedly eaten 2 boxes of Girl Scout Samoas. I think that those cookies are what is eaten in Heaven. They are THAT GOOD. Turns out there is even Samoa ice cream. I have 2 quarts of that in my freezer. That's something else someone needs to write a song about. Oooh, and drizzle a little Magic Shell on it . . . Yummers! I don't care what the bottle says - a bottle of Magic Shell is only 3 servings.

No comments: