Thursday, March 5, 2009

Focaccia

Focaccia - A flat Italian bread traditionally flavored with olive oil and salt and often topped with herbs, onions, or other items.
March 5, 2009


I had never made a focaccia before, but this was so easy and so delicious! I think it will become part of our regular bread rotation. We also like this cheddar loaf that I make. It's a round loaf that is flavored with sharp cheddar and a little garlic. I usually make bread at least once a week - there's just nothing like fresh bread, still warm from the oven, with your evening meal. I love the focaccia that Kneaders sells, so I'm glad to know that it is so easy to make at home.


It was a little cold today. We woke up to snow, but it melted off quickly. The sun shone all day, but it was still cold. I never looked at the temperature. Jack, Taylor and I went out for a quick walk after dinner before it got dark. Cold or not, it is just so nice to get out in the fresh air after a long winter of being cooped up! The ducks are out and about swimming in the low places in the canal where water has collected. The ducklings should be swimming about too, before much longer. We always enjoy seeing the ducklings. We are so lucky to have the Murdock Canal so close - it is a great place to walk and see the mountains on the east, and the lake on the west. What a great place to live!

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

Besides all your great pictures, you NEED to start sharing your yummy recipes too!
Though I do have to admit, I can't get dough to rise here the same. It is weird!