Saturday, March 21, 2009

Memorial


Memorial - a monument, ceremony, etc. that serves as a rememberance.
March 20, 2009



This evening was the memorial service for my sister in law, and this is a section of the flower arrangement we bought. Her favorite color was lavender, and she loved roses. The memorial was very nice, although it is always hard to say goodbye to a loved one.


This is just a spare for today. We don't have many pictures with all 5 kids and my parents, so this is a keeper. We are not a very affectionate family - see how we are all trying so hard to not touch each other or stand too close? I know that shouldn't be funny, but it has become a family joke about our not touching and our very, VERY short visits.
My SIL's memorial was very nice. It was well attended and many of my relatives travelled some distanct to support Troy at this difficult time. It was very heartening to see so many people go to such an effort to be there. There were may gorgeous flower arrangements that Cris would have just loved. She was a very girl-y girl that way. We had a family barbeque today, Troy didn't come because he felt, understandably, that after this trying week he just needed some time alone. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who was missing Cris today, because she came to almost every family event, even if Troy and the boys couldn't come. We love her so much.
In other news, tonight is the Miss Pleasant Grove Pageant, and my neice Marissa is competing. There are 15 contestants, so it sure to be a long pageant. I hope Marissa does well. She has had a lot of success with her platform, which has something to do with collecting books for the Women's shelter, I think. She's collecting books for something anyway. She is playing the piano for her talent and she is a really good pianist. I saw her briefly earlier at the family do and she was excited, but a little nervous.
Also at the family do, my other neice, Markee, was experimenting on all of us as she prepares to take her EMT test, or whatever that certification is. She currently is working up at Pioneer Valley Hospital with my sister/her mom. She already has her CNA and is headed up to Weber State for Nursing school when she graduates later this spring. Talk about having a plan! She is well on her way already. I wish I had had that much direction when I was graduating.

No comments: