Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stubborn

Stubborn - Inflexible; determined to have one's own way; not easily overcome.
March 11, 2009


Parsley anyone? This plant simply won't die. Not only will it not die, it's taking over the yard. There are several little clumps of it around, including in the lawn. I have tried and tried to kill it and it just keeps coming back!


So I have to brag just a little bit . . . I am down 5 lbs in about 3 weeks. Bless that Wii Fit! I have been getting in 30 minute of exercise daily for a couple of weeks now and am seeing some success. I am really excited about it, sucess makes me want to do more so that's what I remember when 5 am comes around and I have to roll out of bed. Accountability is the key, and the daily reminder on the Wii Fit calendar and the graph that shows my small, gradual weight loss is extremely encouraging. Next time you see me, pretend to notice the difference.


I got out and walked today while Taylor was at piano. I got through 1.66 miles in the half hour, but tackled a lot of hills. There are a whole lot more hills than cedar out there in Cedar Hills, and that makes it a good place to walk, lots of up and down and quiet streets. My new shoes help with alleviate the shin splints I tend to get on hills, but don't provide much support for my terrible arches. I even put in my arch supports today, but I was still sore when I finished my walk.


I made that Pampered Chef chicken club ring for dinner. We used to have it all the time, but we haven't had it for a while and I had forgotten how good it is. I only used one can of croissants since Lane was in bed, but I could have easily used 2, and should have used 2. Jack didn't get filled up and I would have liked another as well. Lesson learned. I forget how much Jack likes to eat! I don't know what I'm going to do with him when he's 15. Luckily, I only have 1 boy.

No comments: