Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bribe

Bribe - To influence or induce by giving a token or anything of value for a service.
March 3, 2009


I don't like to exercise alone. Taylor is rarely interested in coming with me, but Jack is frequently willing. So off we went this afternoon for a nice long, brisk walk. Jack's mp3 players died after just a few minutes. The dumb thing won't hold a charge! Jack kept himself pretty amused talking to me, although he didn't seem to notice that I couldn't hear him over my own music. But he continued to talk, the whole time. Apparently I wasn't an essential part of this conversation. Anyway, since his mp3 player died, I bribed him with a new one if he agreed to exercise with me. He, of course, was agreeable and we found him a new one for less than $30. It's much nicer than mine! I should have gotten me a new one and given him my old one!

According to my pedometer, we walked 1.8 miles. It was such a nice day today - 67 degrees or so. A little breezy, but SO NICE to be out in the fresh air!

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

I'm jealous! We only made it to 24 degrees today. Yikes! At least JD got a paid snow day off on Monday!
Good job on the walking. I keep telling myself I will do it when the weather gets warmer . . .we'll see!