Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring


Spring - The season of the year, occurring between winter and summer, during which the weather becomes warmer and plants revive.
April 30, 2009
I've been holding out on using "spring" until I got a spring day that was worthy of it. Yeah! I went and wandered around outside while Lane was mowing the lawn, appraising the yard situation and thinking about what to plant. I even laid down in the grass for a minute, until Addie thought I was some sort of jumping toy, so I got up quickly.
I think the wind in this town blows constantly in two places - the mouth of the canyon, and the ball park. It had been such a gorgeous day that when we headed down to the ball field, I only grabbed my sweater as a precaution. Sure enough, as soon as we got there it was cold, and the wind was blowing straight out of the north. If the game had lasted much longer than it did, I may have had to go sit in the car. It was a good game, the team seemed to have settled down now that they had one game under their belts, and Jack's team won 7 to 4. So as we were driving home from the ball game, it wasn't quite dark yet, and I noticed that once we got away from the park, the wind was no longer blowing. How crazy is that! Seriously, I think there is some anti-Lari vortex sitting over that park that doesn't want me to be warm - EVER! It's the same place they play football in the fall, and we always freeze then, too.

1 comment:

Yve said...

Lari,

I'll cross my fingers that warmer weather comes your way for the games - Love the family pictures, you and your girls look great.

Yvette