Monday, April 6, 2009

Paint, Construct, Seasoning


Paint - A mixture of colors or pigmentsa which are spread on a surface as protection or as a decorative coating.
April 4, 2009


I painted my entry way on a whim, then noticed how dingy the fresh paint made the kitchen look, so I painted that too. I still need to paint the pantry doors in the kitchen so that picture will have to be another day. This is called Acapulco Sand.


Construct- To form by assembling or combining parts; build.
April 5, 2009


Jack "watching" conference. He just loves Legos and Knex and is always building something. I seriously think he'll be some sort of engineer someday.



Seasoning - Something, such as a spice or herb, used to flavor food
April 6, 2009


Today's fresh baked bread, one loaf for dinner and a spare to share. This has become one of our staples - it is a simple round loaf. I usually like to use sharp cheddar in/on it, but didn't have any today, so I substitute parmesean cheese with garlic, melted butter and parsley. My rosemary isn't coming out of dormancy or I would have used that too. Yummy! I love to make bread! (And my yeast foamed on the FIRST try!)



We had a lovely day today. Unfortunately, I didn't make time to get outside. I am hoping to do better tomorrow, because I think we have more storms rolling in on Wednesday. Here we go on the roller coaster that is springtime in Utah. Jack's baseball practice has begun and the games start next month. I'm just hoping we don't freeze like we did last year! I think it was warm on every day that our team didn't play, and rain/snow/wind on every day that our team did play. I don't know how that worked out, just lucky I guess.

No comments: