Monday, April 27, 2009

Mess, Blow, Future +1

Mess - Disordered clutter; a jumble.
April 27, 2009



I baked today. I think I've said before that our Monday dinner is like everyone else's Sunday dinner. Lane's grandma comes for FHE, so I made a little extra effort. Today I baked bread (of course), this time a garlic and parsley bread, and cupcakes from scratch since I had no mix and refused to go out for just a cake mix. I took this picture before I added the mess from mixing the frosting. Perhaps I should have waited in order to get an accurate representation. Grandma had a conflict, so she didn't come up for FHE, but we enjoyed our good dinner anyway (grilled lemon pepper chicken that I had mariated all afternoon in olive oil, lemon juice and fresh herbs, served with roasted broccoli, rice, and of course the bread with an olive oil/coarse ground pepper dip) and then we went to see a few historic sites in PG that Jack had been learning about in school. We came home and ate our cupcakes, played a game of Sorry and sent the kids off to bed. Ahh, the quiet.


Blow - To expel air; to propel by moving air.
April 26, 2009

First it rained, then it hailed, then it rained again, then it snowed, and then it rained again. Then the sun came out. How this little dandelion survived all that, I'll never know, but more importantly, how has it survived Addie? She loves to blow these, as all kids do, and my front and back lawns are full of dandelions thanks to the little seeds blowing around.


Future - A time or event to come.
April 25, 2009


One of Taylor's value projects for her Personal Progress. She is supposed to make something for her future home, so she is making a rag quilt, baby size. She chose her fabric by herself, and did most of the cutting. I cut a few for demonstration, and then she took over and did the rest. There was 6 yards of flannel plus the batting all that needed to be cut, and then pin the squares together with the batting. It was quite a job, but she did it - and did it cheerfully!




April 27, 2009 - Addie blowing the aforementioned dandelion. Stupid delay on the camera missed all the seeds blowing. This picture was just an afterthought. I didn't yet have a submission for the photo contest, and I never got on in at all last month, so I thought I would submit this one. The theme is "youth," which I have struggled with all month long. I just couldn't think of anything exciting to do, and this is the best I came up with.


No comments: