Thursday, April 16, 2009

Unseasonable & Protest

We woke up to 10 inches of fresh, wet, heavy snow today. Lane had to shovel before he could get the car up the driveway. What a miserable spring this has been so far. We get 1 warm day at a time amongst all the cold/rain/snow. Is it any wonder I'm battling a cold?



Our schools are out all week for spring break. Where is the spring weather?


Baseball games are set to begin on the 25th, and Lane's/Jack's team has only been able to have a few practices because it has rained every practice day, and then today (another scheduled practice day) we get THIS. At least the other teams probably haven't practiced either.

Unseasonable - Not suitable to or appropriate for the season.
April 16, 2009
Ok, so snow in April in Utah is not weird, but THIS MUCH snow in April IS weird. I'm not sure how much there was, but it had to be shoveled and last time I looked out it wasn't all melted off. The sun is shining but it is cold. I'm interested to see if it was some sort of record, because it was a TON of snow! Spring - please, please come soon!



Protest - A declaration or display of disapproval.
April 15, 2009
I supported, but did not participate in, the Tax Day Tea Party. It is estimated 750,000 people participated in the demonstrations to voice their displeasure with out of control government spending and excessive bailouts and unmanagable deficits.



I had hoped to go to the tea party in Provo, but between a cold (which I'm pretty sure is developing into a lovely sinus infection) and THE cold/rain/snow, I didn't make it. I'm not sure about the turn out in Provo, but the SLC one is reported to have had a good crowd.
I laid around almost all day yesterday with this darn cold I have. Luckily, Lane stepped in and took care of everything so I could and not feel guilty. I'm not feeling much better today, but I did have a better sleep last night than I did the night before, but I still plan to lay around all evening. I did manage to tidy up the kitchen and vacuum at least.

No comments: