Monday, April 20, 2009

Bloom, Accomplish & Survive

Survive - To continue to exist; to outlast; to outlive.
April 20, 2009



IT'S ALIVE!! This is one of the rosebushes I butchered a while back, showing good signs of life. I didn't kill it after all!


Accomplish - To perform; to carry out; to complete.
April 19, 2009


Taylor's first complete sewing project. She did the dress almost all by herself, I had to do most of the jacket because it was the strangest pattern I have ever seen. Anyway, it turned out pretty cute, except some additional adjusting seems to be in order - it's a little too big and we hate how the sleeves turned out. I think we'll just cut them off for short sleeves.


Bloom - To bear flowers; to flourish; to have a healthy look.
April 18, 2009



My backyard apple tree - almost ready to bloom! This tree bears the best apples! It is so nice to finally have a beautiful spring day!


So I was right. My cold did progress into a sinus infection, with a little bronchitis thrown in for good measure. I was able to get in to see the Dr. today, and I got an antibiotic, so I should be on the mend. The beautiful day today did a lot to make me feel better! After dinner I went out with Jack and threw the baseball around with him for a minute, and then watched him throw the ball against the pitchback. Lane got the lawn mowed and edged. It's supposed to be nice all week long, until Saturday when it gets colder but the forecast changed and is no longer snowy/rainy. I'll take that! Jack's Little League opening day is on Saturday, so it will be much nicer to not freeze, like we did last year, but we'll see. Addie fell down today on her way to school and scratched up her forehead and nose and got a bloody nose. I guess she was on the school grounds so her teacher cleaned her up and I didn't know anything about it until school was out. She doesn't know why she fell . . . I'm guessing she was skipping along, as little girls do, and tripped over something or other since she wasn't likely paying attention to anything around her. Then she told me that Jack wouldn't help her up, his friend Derek helped her up and got her some help. Of course you can imagine that Jack's version is a little different.

No comments: