Friday, April 24, 2009

Anniversary


Anniversary - The date on which something happened at an earlier time; this event celebrated on this date every year.
April 24, 2009


April 24, 1992 - Oh, my goodness. Who are those people? She resembles someone I used to know, someone I may have devoured in or around 1999. He's still a cutie. Where does the time go? 17 years of wedded bliss - I love you sweetie!




I added this picture to give some other people a "Holy Crap!" moment. Leslie, I think, is 13 and Greg almost 16, and on and on it goes with how we have all changed over the years. Some of the grandparents are deceased now.
Lane had to go to work tonight, and he graciously stayed up this morning to get Addie from school so I wouldn't have to leave work to go get her. We did have a nice lunch together, but after that he had to go to bed, so no dinner out. It all works out the same, really, since the place we had lunch is my favorite brisket place, and that's likely where we would have had dinner, too. But it is much less crowded at lunchtime. So it's all good.
Since we didn't have dinner out, I took the kids with me to do the grocery shopping (NEVER again!) and we each picked out a frozen dinner to eat. They got all excited about this change of routine and it only cost me a fraction of eating out. Then we watched an episodes of Mythbusters - turns out banana peels really are slippery, and double-dipping really isn't more germy - and then a Food Network Challenge Extreme Cakes episode, and then finally topped off the evening with "A League of Their Own." I love that show. There's no crying in baseball! Lane & I say that all the time, so the kids got a kick hearing it in the show and learning where it came from. I had a fun Shauna-flash-back moment during the show, I'll have to remember to email her about that later.
Tomorrow is opening day for Jack's baseball league. It's raining now, so I don't know what that means for tomorrow. Then they have a pre-season game at 7:20, but I also need to get to my neice Kassie's BYU graduation open house sometime. Congratulations to Kassie! I don't know why my college years lasted so much longer than hers! Ok, mine really was longer than hers (5 years for me, 4 for her), but still! A lot of times it seemed like it would never end. Of course, I'm referring to my 3 LONG years at BYU; my Snow College days went by way too fast.
Boy, I'm really rambling tonight! I'll stop now, before I get slap happy and REALLY say something stupid.


1 comment:

Draper Duo said...

Nope, it took me five years too. Graduated High school in June 2004 Started at BYU Fall 2004, graduated 2009.