Friday, April 17, 2009

Sick


Sick - Suffering from or affected with a physical illness; ailing.
April 17, 2009
My bedside table. I hate being sick. But despite this lingering cold, I went with a good friend to the temple today. It's been too long since the last time and it was good to go. After I got home, Lane took me to dinner (mmm . . . ribs!) and then we stopped at the grocery store for more medication, and then came home where he treated me to a foot rub. Lane doesn't do feet, so this really was a special treat for me - maybe worth being sick! No, never mind, that's not true. I hate being sick. But I did love the foot rub - thanks sweetie! I think I am closing in on the end of the worst part of this cold. When I get a cold, I get it in phases and it drags on and on and on . . . But I am almost past the sore throat, and headed into the congested phase. The sore, dry, scratchy throat part is the toughest on me because I can't sleep, so once that's over at least I'll be able to sleep better! So next up, like I said, is the congestion, followed by the cough, and then I'll be done. During the congestion/cough phase I will get a weird-voice thing that will sound bad, but that's all. It is usually when things are finally starting to look up that I sound the worst. I think everyone else in the family has had this fun little bug, so hopefully it ends with me.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Is that your ring of birth control sitting with all your cough/cold medicine? Hope you are feeling better!

larifunk said...

NO!! That is the buckle of a belt that is hanging off the edge. Luckily, I am past the BC phase of life.

Molly said...

That is too funny! I was just giving you a hard time!