Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Toy


Toy - An object designed for the enjoyment of children.
April 28, 2009
It's 10:30 at night, and I'm desperate for a picture. So I go wandering around the house, and I happened upon Addie's toybox and liked the composition of color. It is sentimental too. The doll was given to Addie by my sister Sabrina and her family for Christmas when Addie was 1. Sabrina had a Dressy Bessy when she was a kid, and I had the corresponding Dapper Dan. We litterally loved the stuffing out of those dolls. So when she saw a new and updated Dressy Bessy, Sabrina had to get it for Addie, and Addie has loved it too. The bear is Lolo (I don't know - Addie comes up with the names). She got Lolo from one of her many PCMC trips, and I think it is easily her most treasured hospital treasure. It's amazing Lolo looks this good, considering the amount of time he has spent being dragged around by one foot. The golden bear in the foreground ( I think it's only a leg that's showing) is Doris - again with the names. Doris was another Christmas gift, this time from Calvin's family, and I have had to re-stitch Doris many times. Doris is usually the one in the dolly stroller or the dolly bed. For a long time she wouldn't go to bed with out Doris. The funny thing is Addie refers to Doris as a he, but insists he is a girl.
So tonight for dinner I made chicken enchiladas since I had leftover chicken from yesterday. I tried a new enchilada sauce recipe since I wasn't loving the recipe I had been using, and I really liked how it turned out. But the recipe made at least twice what I needed, so I'll have to remember to half it in the future. I did stick the leftovers in the freezer so I'm all set for next time.
Jack's opening game is tomorrow evening. The big Opening Day ceremony and preseason game had to be cancelled last Saturday because it was pouring. Jack is so excited to play. I hope he does well and doesn't spend as much time chasing butterflies as he did last year.

No comments: