Saturday, February 7, 2009

Variety


Variety - The state or character of being varied or various; a number of different kinds; an assortment.
February 7, 2009
Just showing off a few of the things I use at work - a variety of paper colors and textures, not to mention an endless variety of ink colors. It make for a very colorful job (or at least it can be when were aren't stuck in a brown & pink rut). As I mentioned in my 25 things, I just love paper. I'm all over any project that can be done with paper. I'm not so much into complicating it with brads and clips and all that, but something that I can do with paper, my printer, my pastels, and maybe some crayons (especially if it's a linen paper), and I'm in heaven. I know the one thing that's all fanned out looks like the samples at the paint store, but that is actually ink colors. So it's always fun when someone says, "I don't know, what colors of ____ do you have?" Then I throw that thing and them it fun to watch their face. As for our pink and brown rut, I am really looking forward to moving on. We don't seem so much to be moving away from the browns yet, but instead of so much pink, we are seeing aqua with the brown, and also shades of orange with the brown. At least it's a change. I didn't think we would ever get out of the hunter green and burgandy, then it moved on to blues and pinks. It's all very cyclical, and someday maybe even peach and teal will make a comeback.
(not too bad for a phone pic, huh?)

No comments: