Friday, February 13, 2009

Opposite

Opposite - Being the other of two complementary or mutually exclusive things.
February 13, 2004


This is my photo entry for February. The theme is "Opposites Attract," so I'm going with black and white. Yeah, I know, it's a stretch. Jack didn't get it either.


Thank goodness that this long, crazy week is over. You know, I am the type of person who only wants to do what I want to do. I never want to do the un-fun things. This week was full of un-fun things and I'm just really glad to be done with it. I have been really tired, REALLY tired, all week and generally I'm not a tired-ish person. Sure, I hate getting up in the morning, and that first 30 minutes can be really ugly. But I'm not usually tired all day long like this week. I hope I'm not getting sick. I just don't have time for that kind of nonsense. I think that the weather is to blame. Everything is just so gray and blah. Usually in February we get a nice thaw for a few days when the sun shines and temperatures are spring-like. Of course, that makes going back to typical February weather even more depressing, but we haven't had that thaw yet. It would just be so nice to see the sun, see that first purple crocus trying to push through the ground . . . but so far, nothing.


But speaking of things I don't want to do, I've really got to dig in and do some thorough housecleaning tomorrow. Everything is so messy. I will never be accused of being a neat freak, but it really needs to be done. I keep putting it off, but I think it has reached the point where I just can't put it off any longer. Now watch, next time I blog I will be forced to report that I found some good excuse to not do anything. If I can just get the fridge cleaned out, even if I do nothing else, I will at least have the biggest, nastiest of the jobs done so I guess I'll aim for at least that. I need to take down a bunch of curtains and wash them, so I can probably handle that since I'm doing laundry anyway. I need to scrub grout on the bathroom tile floor - HATE that!! And of course, my personal favorite job to ignore until it passes the point of embarassing - mopping the kitchen!! I am starting to stick to the floor in a few places, so I guess it's time. Boo hoo for me. And, based on the picture above, I evidently need to wash the piano keys.

No comments: