Thursday, February 12, 2009

Green

Green - The color between yellow and blue in the spectrum.
February 12, 2009

I finally had to break into my emergency stash of pictures - leftovers from other days that I didn't use. Which works out kinda good, because it's good to see some green since everything outside is white and shades of gray. It was raining/snowing all day again, the clouds are low so visibility is poor, and it's just dreary as dreary can be. So it is nice to see something in a different color.


We went to the Draper Temple open house. The church really has this open house thing down to an art form! It was so slick and easy! I guess they are using several church buildings up in Draper for the open house. So when I requested tickets on the website, it assigned me to the "Blue" chapel and gave me directions to that chapel. So you go to the chapel at your assigned time and watch a short video on the importance of temples and the history of the Draper area. Then they load you up on a bus, which takes you up to the temple and all the outdoor walkways are covered with those white tents so you hardly even have to step outside in the weather. The temple, of course, was gorgeous and really impressed my kids. Jack's eyes were huge! I was really surprised at how much smaller all the rooms are compared to the Timp Temple. The endowment rooms are much smaller, the chapel also. You can spend as much time in the temple as you want, I suppose, but mostly they keep you moving along. After you leave the temple, you walk through another white tent thing to the church building that is on the temple site and they have the cultural hall all decorated pretty and piano or harp music playing. They served cookies and bottled water, and then you get back on your bus to go back to the church where your car is. It took us about 1 hour from start to finish, and I'm so glad we went. Now my kids are excited about the open house at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I'm not sure when that will be, but the exterior of that temple looks finished. It's weird that as you drive on Bangerter Highway (probably I-15 too) if you are in the right spot, you can see all 3 temples at once. I guess that means that the work is being done since the demand for temples here is so great. I guess I need to get busy and be better about doing my part.

No comments: