Thursday, February 5, 2009

Parent Teacher Conference

Sustenance - maintenance of life or health; that which sustains, as food.
February 4, 2009


My dinner. I love baked potatoes with bacon, butter and green onion. It has to be real butter, though. Margarine has no place on a baked potato, nor on homemade bread. It's heavenly. Steamed carrots and some V8 fusion, and I'm happy! I just LOVE baked potatoes - that's real comfort food! I also love funeral potatoes. It's Jack's favorite food in the whole world. I make funeral potatoes when Lane won't be eating dinner with us (he doesn't care for them) and the 4 of us (mostly Jack) can easily polish off a pan of funeral potatoes. YUMMY!


Hot - of a relatively temperature; burning to the taste or touch.
February 5, 2009
There is a chance I over complicate things (SURPRISE!!) since I've been thinking all week long of something to go with our Thursday theme of hot, and coming up empty. So while eating dinner I mentioned to Taylor that I couldn't think of anything, and she said, "What . . . like hot chocolate?" DUH!!! We are passionate about our hot chocolate around our house - my cupboard is full of different flavors and we drink it all the time. I don't know why I didn't think of it myself.
So yesterday was parent teacher conference at the elementary school. Jack got a great reaport, his academics are perfect. If he could just learn to control his talking! He is doing better, though, and his teacher says that she can tell he is really trying. Addie also got a good report. She is reading slightly better than her level, and she really loves school. When Jack was in kindergarten, he would write in his school journal every day about "pla stashn." It cracked us up that he had such a one track mind. Now we find out that Addie writes every day in her school journal about her "baby sister Hannah." So I explained to the teacher that there is no baby sister, and she laughed but said that kindergarteners frequently write about imaginary friends. After we all had a good laugh, Addie still thought she was pretty funny and kept reminding us about her "pretent baby sister Hannah." I bet kindergarten teachers find out a lot of family secrets in those school journals.

No comments: