Thursday, February 19, 2009

Delicious


Delicious - Extremely enjoyable and pleasant to the taste.
February 19, 2009


Tonight's dinner - chicken baked in barbeque sauce (homemade!), smothered in BACON, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, and green onions, served with rice and steamed carrots. Yum!


It's been one of those weeks again, so I have hardly cooked at all. I had chicken thawed for today, and a 2 hour break between all the things we had going on so I cooked dinner. I even made my own barbeque sauce, which didn't look or smell that great when I was mixing it up, but as the chicken was baking, it filled the house with the most wonderful smell! I had just a tiny bit of pepper jack cheese left, so I grated it up and added it with the cheddar cheese, and what a difference it made! I am a huge fan of pepper jack cheese, and was really surprised at how much flavor it added for having used so little cheese. I love fresh steamed carrots with butter and then some rice, and it was just a perfect dinner. The sun was shining today, for a change, and it was even kind of warm. I still haven't seen a crocus, though. I dug up all the ones in my yard, so I'll have to enjoy them from other people's yards. I don't do flowers so much. My yard needs to work for me, not the other way around - hence the herbs and such. I have a couple of rose bushes, and I always plant 2 bright red geraniums that satisfy my need for something bright and colorful. If I was to plant any other flowers, I would like to have Lily of the Valley (do they grow here?) or bleeding hearts. We had some bleeding hearts at our old house that were so pretty. But they need shade, and I'm not sure I have a place for them here where the dog won't dig them up. He thinks he is the King of all shady places in the yard. Speaking of the dog, the sun was shining today and the snow in the backyard is mostly gone, so the dog spent the afternoon basking in the sun up on the hill. It was funny to watch him roll around some and do his little doggie routine to scratch and all that. Mostly it was just nice to see him moving around. He's getting pretty old and slow some days. Just like me.

2 comments:

Syme Family said...

Sounds yummy! What is your recipe for the bbq sauce?

Molly said...

How funny! I made homemade BBQ sauce yesterday too! We had shredded pork. I love your blog. Your pictures are really good!