Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weakness

It appears that I am on another all-food-all-the-time streak. I wonder why I'm not losing any weight?



Weakness - Something of which one is excessively fond or desirous.
July 29, 2009



I remembered today not to get a Dr. Pepper. I was so proud of myself! I had the 32 oz cup in my hand, ready to fill it with ice again, when I remembered my goal and put the cup back and got my citrus Vitamin Water instead. I even ate pretty well for breakfast and lunch. And then . . .


We had dentist appointments today. I hate the dentist. Not the dentist personally, of course. He's fantastic. I hate the concept of the dentist. I hate that chair that lays so far back I feel like I'm going to fall out on my head. I hate that crazy, orange-hued light above the dentist chair. I hate the sound of the suction thing. I hate EVERYTHING about going to the dentist, but I am a diligent mother and I see to it that we all go faithfully every 6 months. We all had good exams, no cavities. When we were back in the car, Jack informed us that we always go out to eat after the Dentist. I'm not sure that's true at all, and I think mostly Jack was wrangling for a dinner out. But after surviving another trip to the dentist I was all for a little reward. So Lane, as the driver, got to choose and we went to JCWs. The burgers there are so huge that a kiddie meal more than fills me up, so I got my usual kiddie Ranch Bacon cheeseburger (yeah, that's healthy) and then, of course, I had to get my Dr. Pepper. For anyone who doesn't know, JCWs has, by far, the best Dr. Pepper around. It was a delightful reward for the punishment that is a dental visit, so I am justifying it that way. And, as the Gone With the Wind fan that I am, I can always say, "After all, tomorrow is another day!"





1 comment:

Rachel said...

i'm totally addicted to dr. pepper too!!! in fact, i'm craving one now.....