Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tedious, Task

Tedious - Tiresome by reason of length, slowness, or dullness; boring.
July 10, 2009
On top of my desk I have a basket. Into this basket I toss anything to be filed, such as receipts that I have entered into my checkbook register but need to be kept, bills paid neatly marked with the date and method paid, pay stubs, bank receipts, as well as other things that need to be filed away for future reference. Also in this basket goes all the Maceys receipts and box tops to be saved until next school year. Unfortunately, after that it gets very ugly. I have found 3 credit cards for accounts that I no longer have, 2 party invitations for parties that are long past, my long list of user names and passwords for online account access, the birth certificate for a cabbage patch baby I know nothing about owning, the user manual for my old camera, the install disk for a printer I no longer own, instructions on registering Taylor for 9th grade, a box (ok, a half box) of colored pencils, 2 dice and an assistant scoutmaster badge (WTH???). I don't enjoy filing, and so I typically only tackle this basket when it gets so full that it all starts to slide off it's perch on my desk hutch onto my computer keyboard. I think I have about another 2 months before it reaches that point. I hate filing . . . HATE with the white hot passion of a thousand suns, hate.


Task - a function to be performed; an objective.
July 11, 2009


So I used my free time today to get caught up on a few things. I decided to go clean my sewing room (see POD, Procrastinate). Turns out, under that huge pile of stuff was an almost-finished Christmas pillow. I know, I know, Christmas was 6 months ago, but as it turns out, Christmas is also 6 months away. So we'll call it a jump start rather than a lost opportunity. I got the scrapbooks all caught up. By caught up I mean that all the non-photo stuff is now in the books. I do the photos on the computer, which as it turns out is about a year behind. But since that is stored on the computer and not piled on my table, it doesn't count as part of the mess.


Lane and Jack went with Lane's parents down to the cabin for the weekend. This left the girls and I home alone, so I asked my neice Kassie to meet us for a girls-night dinner at Rib City. Yum. Last night to celebrate Lane's birthday he and I went down to Good Wood in Orem. He loves the prime rib there. I'm not big on prime rib, but I got a chicken dinner that was really good and ended up bringing most of it home anyway, the portions there are huge.

No comments: