Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hungry


Hungry - Experiencing a desire or need for food.
July 28, 2009
The boy is hungry ALL THE TIME. Seriously. I don't know where he puts it all. He'll devour every crumb at dinner, and be back 20 minutes later declaring that he's starving. I can't even imagine having more than 1 son. Keeping him fed is a full time job. Luckily, he isn't picky and he'll eat almost anything I put in front of him, including my arm if I don't get out of the way fast enough.
For dinner tonight I tried out something new with my left over chicken from last night. I bypassed the typical day-after enchiladas or haystacks for a change. I made a buffalo sauce and simmered the chicken in that for a while, then spread that on a warmed tortilla, sprinkled a little mozzarella cheese on top of that, and drizzled some ranch dressing and called it a wrap. It turned out really good! Naturally, Jack has dibs on those leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Really, it was good enough to make again.
Tonight was Pack Meeting. Jack got 6 more activity pins, his compass point emblem and a belt loop. He needs to have his Arrow of Light ceremony sometime, since he earned the award months ago. There just hasn't been a good time to hold it yet. It looks like September might be our next best shot, and he'll technically be out of Webelos then. I hope it isn't the same week we are on our cruise, but given our luck it will be. Hey - Lane's the Cub Master, so I guess he can move it, right? Oh well, if it has to be October I guess that's ok. too. We'll fit it in eventually.

No comments: