Sunday, July 19, 2009

Request, Replicate

Replicate - to duplicate, copy, reproduce or repeat.
July 18, 2009



I used to cross stitch all the time. I forget who turned me on to this addicting little activity, but it was during my sophomore year at Snow College. The first thing I stitched was a Jordan River Temple which I sent to Lane on his mission. He kept it the full 2 years, and it is currently hanging in my sewing room. So over the years I have done a ton of stuff, but have not done much in recent years. I got back to it to make a gift for someone, and I was reminded how much I loved doing it, so after I made the gift, I started on this one for my mom for Christmas. Don't tell her.


Request - Express the need or desire for; ask for
July 19, 2009

All Lane wanted for his birthday this year was a banana cream pie. The sad thing is that his birthday was last Sunday. But in my defense, he spent his birthday weekend fishing and then all week long it was just one crazy day after another so I got it done today. I've never made one before, but it turned out great and every crumb is gone, inluding all the leftover pudding.
We had no Mythbusters to watch today, so I had my kids watch Ferris Buhlers Day Off. They liked that ok, but had fun at my expense pointing out all the huge hair and funny clothes. Then after that there was still nothing to watch so we got out my DVDs of The Wonder Years. That was, hands down, the best show ever on TV. I cry every time I watch the series finale. Why don't they make more shows like that?

2 comments:

Nicki Wilson said...

It was so good to meet you this weekend. All I have to say is you have an amazing talent for cross stitching. Both Todd and I love the pillow you made! Thank you so much for thinking of us and taking the time to make it for our baby boy.

larifunk said...

You are so welcome, and I enjoyed meeting you and your family as well.