Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Learn


Learn - to acquire experience of or an ability or a skill in.
July 22, 2009
Jack likes to cook. He almost always helps me if he's around. Today was his turn to help with dinner again. You'll notice the girls never remind me it's their turn to help, but Jack always does. Anyway, he reminded me this morning that it was his turn to help again, but after I got home from work I had to take him and Addie to library class and then after that he went to his friend's house, so I didn't expect him home in time to help with dinner. Believe it or not, he came home from his friends house at 4:45 just to help me (we eat at 5:30). I was well into dinner prep by then, but he was just in time to stuff and roll the enchiladas. Yeah, yeah, I know. Enchiladas again. I had been looking in the freezer for something the other day and I found a dish of cooked and frozen sweet pork that has been in there for who knows how long, so I decided we would just have that for dinner today. I took the time to warm up the tortillas so they were easy to roll (I usually skip that step because I'm lazy), made up the lime rice and the pico, and everyone was happy. I made some creamy enchilada sauce as well since we've learned we prefer that kind over the tomato base kind. I filled 2 pans with enchiladas and we didn't have much left over.
I finished up that cross stitch. I'm still all gung-ho so I've got another one ready to begin. Christmas is coming, you know!

No comments: