Monday, July 20, 2009

Pout

We went for a picnic tonight for Family Night in American Fork Canyon. We went up early, around 4:00 because the place fills up really fast, and Addie immediately set to work getting as dirty as she could. We washed her off once in the faucet before this picture, so this is dirty round 2.



Pout - to protrude the lips in an expression of displeasure or sulkiness.
July 20, 2009
No one would play with her, and we had to keep bringing her back from the river's edge, so she was sad.


She was positively filthy after a little while. She would use a sharp rock or stick to dig in the dirt, and then she would rub her face and eyes.



Addie, Jack and cousin Sager exploring the picnic area.
I picked my first tomato last night. It is decent sized, perfectly round and evenly red. I haven't eaten it yet, but I am looking forward to slicing it up and seasoning it up with salt and pepper. The neighbor even brought over some cucumbers I can slice up as well. He also brought 2 huge zucchinis, so I guess I'll be baking zucchini bread. My freezer is so full I don't know what to do with it. That is a subtle warning in case some zucchini bread should show up on your porch.



No comments: