Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Panorama

Grandma Wilson, cousin Levi, cousin Joey, Taylor,
cousin Monique and cousin Madison at the
Native American exhibit at Heritage Village.





Addie liked the baby animals at the petting zoo.


Jack and Addie made arrowhead necklaces at the Native American exhibit.



Addie, cousin Quinn, and Jack looking at a buffalo skin
being tanned at the Native American Exhibit.


Panorama - An unbroken view of an entire surrounding area.
July 8, 2009


Since Lane's cousin Tammy and her family are in town, and his sister Michelle is up in the big city from her home in Aurora, we all went together to This Is The Place State Park and Heritage Village. Lane and I took our kids and went about 2 years ago (or was it 3 years??) and it was so fun. They have added quite a lot since the last time we were there. Now there is a nice train that goes around the perimeter, which cuts down on all the walking. The price of admission also incluces up to 3 crafts/rides per person. The kids made rope at the Brigham Young home, arrow head necklaces at the Native American exhibit, stamped leather, decorated canvas bags, and had a pony ride. The weather was really nice, not too hot with a nice little breeze. We had a picnic at the park and everyone had a great time. The park closes at 5 or we would have just kept on going. I highly recommend a trip there for everyone. I'm ready to go back! They have some fun activities throughout the year that would be fun to go back for. A yearly pass is quite reasonably priced, and pays for itsself in only about 2 trips.
So as I was complaining to Lane today on the drive up to SL about the whole playstation mess, he had to confess that he was the one who made the mess. He's better than me - I always blame that kind of stuff on my kids. Considering how hard he works for our family, and the fact that he drove us all up to Heritage Village today on no sleep, I guess I can forgive him for a little mess, which, by the way, is still not cleaned up. Shamefully, I stepped over it, too, to get to the computer. Now I know where everyone gets it.



No comments: