Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fun, Over

Fun - A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure.
December 28, 2009





Yeah, it's pretty much Mario Kart 24/7 at our house. We are all developing large thumbs and are getting locked into the above positions. Thank goodness for the banana chairs from my parents - who knows how hunched over we would be without them.



Over - Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
December 30, 2009



It's over. When Christmas is done, I am SO in a mood to just get it cleaned up and put away. If it was up to me, I would put Christmas up on November 1 and take it down on the evening of December 25. When it's over, it's over and it's time to move on. So we got it all cleaned up this evening and carried downstairs. I need Lane to put it back in the storage space under the stairs, and he was asleep while we were putting it all away - convenient, huh? No, that's rude. He was up all day shoveling and chauffeuring me around in the snow, so he had to go to sleep sometime so he could go to work tonight. So it was just the kids and I who got it all boxed up, and now we leave it for Lane to put away and to carry down the artificial tree and to dispose of the real tree. Then it's back to the regularly-scheduled January need to sort and organize and de-clutter everything in the house. Which lasts about 3 days. Then I get distracted by something shiny and all my good intentions are forgotten until next January. Which is a waste of a perfectly good month. January has no redeeming qualities - NONE, I assure you - so what better time to focus on things like organizing and de-cluttering? And for the larger question - how do I end up with so much junk? I like to blame it on the kids.

Only one more picture to take. 364 photographs in the bag. I never thought last January 1 that it would be so hard to come up with a photograph every day for a whole year. And for almost all of those 365 days, the picture was true to that day. I cheated once in a while, and took 2 pictures in a day to make up for a day skipped, but mostly it was every day. Whew! That's not a project I'm likely to take on again in the foreseeable future. But it was a good experience for anyone out there who wants to take it on.

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

January has no redeeming qualities? How about the day you were born?