Monday, December 21, 2009

Flaming, Wintry, Evergreen, Gathering

Fiery - Of, containing, or composed of fire.
December 18, 2009



After going to my cousin's wedding reception with Calvin & Angie, we stopped for something to eat. The wedding reception was in Springville so we were free to go to those restaurants in the part of the county we just never get to because it's "too far." We ended up at a restaurant on University Parkway in Orem, that I don't really know the name of, so I call it Soduku Samarai. It's one of those places where they cook your food right in front of you and throw shrimp at you to catch in your mouth. Not me, of course. People who EAT shrimp and can catch. I don't do either. I'm a dropper. But I digress. I've been there a bunch of times, but seriously, I don't know the name. It's good and I recommend it, or I would . . . if I knew the name.



Wintry - Belonging to or characteristic of winter; cold.
December 19, 2009


Evergreen - A tree, shrub or plant having foliage that persists and remains green throughout the year.
December 20, 2009
I love my Christmas tree. There is something very soothing about Christmas lights and the smell of evergreen. If only they could make an artificial tree smell like a real one. We'll go back to artificial trees next year, but I have enjoyed the evergreen smell this year.



Gathering - A group of persons gathered together in one place.
December 21, 2009
It was the Walker family Christmas party tonight. There was lots of good food, and lots of people. Everyone who should have been there was there, except Marissa, and I'm not sure where she was. Probably off on a date or something. We played that White Elephant game that is played at lots of parties, and there were some exceptionally good gifts this year. There was a truly heinous tie that my neice brought, I think Calvin ended up with it. That tie will go through a lot of white elephant parties. It was truly awful. Everyone had a good time and went away overly stuffed and full of smiles. My sister in Wisconsin gave us a GORGEOUS cutting board, made by the Amish and constructed of many different kinds of wood, both domestic and exotic. It is more like a work of art than something to use. I wish there was a way to hang it on the wall. Seriously. I would hang it on the wall. We got the game chairs I asked for from my parents. I had worked really hard to get my cruise scrapbook done so I could take that to the party for everyone to look at . . . Yep. I left it at home. Every year we are supposed to write memories on an assigned topic for the family history book. I just did LAST YEAR's about a week ago. So not wanting to be so delinquent again, I got mine done early, photocopied 5 times, all ready to take to the party. . . Yep. I left it at home. I had even thought earlier in the day, "Self, if you don't put those copies in the pile of stuff to take, you're going to forget them." Then my other Self, the overly confident, naughty Self, said "No, you won't forget them. The are right there on the bed, in plain sight. You won't forget." That Other Self if bad. Why do I keep listening to her?

No comments: