Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sparkly, Iridescent

Sparkly - Giving off tiny flashes of light, glittery.
December 16, 2009




The stockings were hung by the chimney with care . . . With hopes that Lane won't burn them up again this year. So far, so good. I cross stitched stockings for us, but since I did them as people arrived in the family, none of them matched. I got a hankerin' for matching stockings so I got these last year (also satisfying my need for all things sparkly). If you remember, Lane promptly burned up 2 (or was it 3?) of them and I had to hurridly replace them. He has been very careful this year every time he has started a fire to make sure the stockings were safely out of the way.


Iridescent - Producing a display of lustrous, rainbowlike colors.
December 17, 2009




Ok, it didn't come out so well on the photograph, but I love these ornaments. The are clear glass, but iridescent, so they look like bubbles on the tree. We lost 2 the year Addie pulled the tree over, but I still have four of them.


I am in full-blown Christmas panic. I got 3 pairs of jammies sewn, and MOST of the other projects. I gave up on the Christmas cross-stitch. It will have to be a gift next year. I realized I just couldn't get it done. I still have 2 more jammies to make, plus one more secret other thing. I have only wrapped about 5 gifts. I did help the kids tonight get their gifts for each other finished. Their gifts for each other cannot come from the store, so it makes it more of a challenge, but it makes it fun too, unless I am the Full Blown Christmas Panic stage. Luckily, everything was pretty easy, and Taylor can do hers without any help now. Why don't I just buy gifts like everyone else? What is wrong with me? I have problems. Lane even offered to help with the wrapping, but since he doesn't do it the right way (meaning, MY WAY) I just can't let him do it. Can you say control freak? I think I need an intervention!

1 comment:

Draper Duo said...

Jesse hates wrapping gifts and that is my favorite part. So his are all wrapped under the tree so nicely, as well as all the ones for his family. Mine will likely come in bags, Jesse has already warned me, since he hates wrapping so much. :)