Monday, December 28, 2009

Dinosaur


Dinosaur - One that is hopelessly outmoded or unwieldy.
December 28, 2009
My computer is dying. It's true. She is old, almost 6 I think, and she has fought the good fight. We are trying to make her last days as comfortable as possible. Everyone is under strict orders to speak only kind words to her, and to stroke her gently 3 times each day. I no longer dare power her down for fear she will not power back up, and I'm not yet prepared to say goodbye - which means that everything is not yet succesfully backed up. She has served our family well, but is surely so virus-ridden and memory-deprived that watching her suffer is painful for us all. Sob. She is feeling some better this evening, as I am not asking too much of her. No multi-tasking tonight. No running of multiple programs. And in her gratitude, she is chugging along at as fast a pace as her 504 MB of RAM will allow. Good girl. Just a little longer, please. I still need to back up some information and find the ever evasive Free Computer Store. And all the CDs needed to reload all my programs on the New Computer. Don't give up just yet. I like to procrastinate mundane chores, like loading software. And shopping for computers. Just keep working. It's so little to ask.

No comments: